Mumbai 25th Sept 2016: The Bharatiya Gorkha Ekta Sangh (BGES), the frontal Gorkha organization of Indian Gorkha’s based in Mumbai jointly with its youth wing “Bharatiya Gorkha Youth Forum” (BGYF) organized a “Bharatiya Gorkha Youth Meet” on 25th Sept 2016 at Country Club Kandivali West, Mumbai.
The program was presided by Mr Dhurva Pradhan, Chairman BGES.
The meet was also attended by distinguished Gorkha youth icons:
1. Mr Adrian Pradhan (renowned singer)
2. Mr Bipin Dahal (Indian Navy “son of Gorkha who floated 12 hrs in Arabian Sea, in extreme weather conduction to rescue fisherman with his sole aim to protect his countryman)
3. Ms. Sasha Chettri (Airtel 4G icon)
4. Pratima Rasaily (Actress)
5. Mr Norden Sherpa (Fashion choreographer)
6. Mr Bobby Shah (Fashion Photographer)
During the latter part of the program, BGYF organized an open house brainstorming session where in youths expressed their opinion on current sociocultural, socioeconomic standings of Gorkha community in Mumbai, the youths also felt the strong need of a youth task force to spearhead the noble community cause in a more organized manner.
The meet culminated with formation of 22 members youth task force and thereby declaring 25th Sept as BGYF foundation day.