For Phurba who owns a production house in Darjeeling "FerryTale Pictures" this is like a dream come true. Phurba was born on 21st January, 1982 in Kurseong. He studied Literature from St. Joseph's College, Darjeeling and pursued Direction in Film and Television Institute of India, Pune. His debut short film ‘Ek Dhakar Jiwan / The Beaten Path’ won the Best Short Film Peace Award at Gothenburg Independent Film Festival and a Special Mention Jury at the Clermont Ferrand International Short Film Festival. He is currently working on his debut feature film titled as Macqee, in Darjeeling.
|Gorkhey Film The Beaten Path (Ek Dhakar Jiwan) in 20th International Short Film Festival|
India 2014; 27 min
Original version: Nepali
Genre: Drama, Short
Synopsis: In the face of an apparently meaningful world Balvir lives and coexists in the grand mosaic of nature like any other entity. However, his human spirit yearns to understand life especially from a sense of disorientation and confusion as a result of the material world.
Director: Phurba Tshering Lama
Writers: Phurba Tshering Lama, Gupta Pradhan (story)
Star: Man Bahadur Tamang
Cinematography: Ayan Saxena
His short film "Grey and Matter" went on to be project in Nepal Cine-Symposium, 2012 and SIGNS Film Festival / Kerela (India) 2013
- - Gothenburg Independent International Film Festival, 2014 / Sweden (Best Short Film Peace Award)
- - SIGNS International Film Festival, 2014 / India (National Competition Section)
- - XX Film Festival Della Lessinia, 2014 / Italy (International Competition Section)
- - IDFL Film Festival, 2014 /India (National Competition Section)
- - Clermont Ferrand International Short Film Festival, 2015 / France (Special Mention Jury)
- - JAGRAN International Film Festival / India (Top Shorts Section)
- - WIZ-ART International Film Festival, 2015 / Ukraine (Special Screening)
- - Ajyal Youth Film Festival, 2015 / Doha (International Competition Section)
- - International Short Film Festival, 2016 / Canada (International Competition Section)
- - Visa Girl (Nepali Feature Film): Position: Chief AD / Casting Director / Supporting Role
- - Sikkim University (Documentary): Chief AD / Post-production Supervisor
- - Have made social documentaries for CARE International (in Nepal and Lucknow) and for
- - Himalayan Climate.
- -Worked as a Chief AD for an IndiaMART Advertisement in Mumbai.