Gorkha Certificate is issued as per norms laid by Anthropological Survey of
India, Department of Culture, Government of India vide Circular No. 3519 (18)-P dated
12.07.2006 and No. 5310 (18)-P dated 10.10.2006 after due verification to candidates
belonging to Gorkha community in India for enabling certain relaxation on physical measurements.
1. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED :
1) Residential Certificate ( Attested Photocopies) 2) Election I. D. Card.
3) Ration Card.
4) Gorkha Certificate issued by Exe-Councillor /
Officers, DGHC / Ward Councillor.
5) Photo Bearing Govt. Document (Admit card / SC/ST Certificate / PAN / Driving License / Election I. D. Card. )
6) School Document.
7) Appointment Letter seeking production ofGorkha Certificate.
8) 2 P.P. sized duly attested photographs( Recent / Clear/ Same)
2. WHERE TO CONTACT :
C. A. to SDO, Confidential Section.
3. PROCESS :
1) Collect Application Form
2) Fill it up.
3) Submit to C.A. to SDO with required duly attested photocopy of enclosures.
4. EXPECTED DELIVERY :
Within one month.
How to apply Gorkha certificate?
Example of application letter
The Sub-Divisional Officer,
Subject: Issue of Gorkha Certificate.
I request you to kindly issue me a Gorkha Certificate for joining the Indian Army.
The following photocopies of documents (duly attested) are enclosed for your kind
1. Residential Certificate.
2. Gorkha Certificate issued by Executive Councillor, DGHC./ Ward Councillor,Darjeeling Municipality.
3. Election Identity Card.
4. Photo bearing Government Document. (Admit Card/ SC/ST Cert. / PAN/Driving License / Election I.D. etc.)
5. School Documents.
6. 2 PP sized duly attested photos. (RECENT / CLEAR / SAME)
(So and so.. )
Here's the Gorkha Certificate format.
In Nagaland the certificate is issued by Gorkha Union Chairman on producing valid documents.