The Various Artists' Association of Mirik will hold a two-day audition for the 'Mirik Idol-Sing for your Glory' on May 28 and 29. About 90 contestants from various corners of Mirik turned out for the
preliminary stage at the Tourist Lodge and were judged by a panel comprising Dipen Gurung (Darjeeling T-Idol), Anil Pradhan, Kailash Rai, Milan Rai and Bhawana Thapa. Nearly 45 or 50 per cent of the participants have advanced to the next round of the competition.
“I believe the competition will go a long way in providing a much-needed platform to the hidden talents of the region,” remarked Dawa Tamang, president of the association.
EVENT DETAILS MIRIK IDOL: SING FOR YOUR GLORY
Various Artists of Mirik Presents...
"Mirik Idol-Sing for your Glory"
28th & 29th May 2016
Venue: Mirik Tourist Lodge(Youth Hostel)
Registration Fee: Rs. 300/- only
Registration Form will be available from 10 April 2016.
Rs. 31,000.00 + Song + Music Video
Car Key'z (Mirik College) - 9851667809
Dawa Tamang (Kashyap Computers,Thana Line)- 9832071343
Buddha Buddy Tamang (Electricity Office, Krishnanagar)- 9775751639
Deep Thokar Tamang (Cultural Deptt., Krishnanagar)- 9832313389
Dipen Basnet (Shadna Kala Kendra,Dushad Gairi)- 9775929219
Mingma Golay (Beithsaida English School,Nij Gaon)
Voice of Mirik
Mirik ko sero fero
*Rules & Regulations
1. Only Nepali or Hindi songs will be entertained.
2. Time allotted for each performance is max. 4 minutes.
3. Participants are not allowed to refer any lyrical content while singing.
4. Participants are not allowed to sing on music tracks in Audition Round however, they are allowed to play guitar or any musical instruments.
5. Choice of song is open to the participants but the songs should not have any slangs or derogatory language.
6. There is no age bar to participate.
7. Only the participants from Mirik Circle (Including CHENGA, PANIGHATTA & DUDHIA) will be entertained.
8. Participants are required to submit their recent passport size (2nos.) colour photograph along with the photocopy of the following documents (any one) for address proof.
i. VOTER ID CARD
ii. AADHAR CARD
iii. DRIVING LICENCE
iv. RESIDENTIAL CERTIFICATE
v. BIRTH CERTIFICATE
9. Judges decision will be final.