Dinesh Sharma Youth Leader writes in response to BGP Not surprising to see ‘desperate’ BGP putting up its antics again. This elite bunch of intellectuals are masters of press releases sitting inside their AC chambers in Delhi and Darjeeling. Here are some incidents I can recall.
Manipur - Their intellectuals almost got the Gorkhas of Manipur in a dangerous situation when they declared cut-off dates for Manipur Gorkha during the ILP agitation. Later, when asked, they had no answers and blamed it on their state executives. But the press release bears the name of their leader in Delhi and Darjeeling, and not from Manipur. How ironical? And mind you, they never apologized for such a huge mistake, perhaps it was beneath their dignity to apologize to the common man.
Assam: A leader of this premium organization goes to Assam and says Assam should be called Bodolond instead, and that he would pray to be born as a Bodo. After being warned by AAGSU, they went back to their ‘dens’ without an apology again.
Delhi: Not a person or representative of this ELITE group is seen during any emergency situation in the capital region. A leader calls for a clarification meeting on why they were not present. An emergency situation does not need clarification, it needs concern.
Darjeeling – Nobody gives them a damn anymore there after their fickle political stand agenda.
Across India – Now, this attempt to derail the ST demand and push forward their agenda for OBC is anti-community. While they are so concerned about Gorkhas across India, it is disheartening to see that Mizoram, where the organization was initiated, still don’t have Gorkha community in OBC list. Still no apology.
So the natural question is, where are you heading next?
|Reaction against BGP clarification on meeting with DoNER minister Dr Jitendra Singh|
"In Delhi, there are many 'Gorkha' Organisations of various names and members who meet ministers projecting themselves as the representatives of the Gorkhas and 'Here Kind Sir, are our grievances and memorandum'. They represent you and me but I don't know them neither do you and most of all nobody has checked with me. The BGP's rebuttal letter is smoking with someone's seething anger. It writes of the questioning people as having 'erroneous and mischievous views ...erroneous, malicious and ill-conceived. ...individual fantasies and biased opinions...'. Why such accusations? The Gorkhas are a bunch of idiotic devils or what who know not what they do???? Every Gorkha is sensitive and as a race we are known to be hyper-sensitive. I am sure you meant well in your endeavour but the Gorkhas want an explanation...the simpler the better. The NE Gorkhas are no walk over and I see them as the strongest forces of the Gorkha community in the future".
Upendra - An Intellect writes back to Bharatiya Gorkha Parisangh Official in response to their clarification note regarding the meeting they had with DoNER minister Dr Jitendra Singh:
This BGP cliarification is nothing but CYA (cover your ass)... their objectives may see, noble and honest, their intentions are suspect... Why are they meeting Central Ministers and demanding OBC status for Gorkhas at a time qhen the Central Govt has constituted a committee to examine ST status for all? Why NOW? Whose interest are they serving in assuming that the Central Govt move won't be welcome everywhere? Shouldn't they have waited till the Central Govt panel submitted their report?
BGP office bearers suffer from the foot in the mouth disease... they have earlier demanded, out of the blue, that 1971 census be taken into consideration while deciding Inner Line Permit qualifications for Manipur, thus jeopardizing the Gorkhalis living in Maniojr majority of whom were not allowd to register for voting/census etc till very recently. When questioned to clarify why they chose 1971 as cut off date, Mr. Munish Tamang who seems to know all the constitutional processes refused to anser, clarify or apologize.
Later same "all knowing" BGP "intellectuals" threatened the safety and security of Gorkhas in Assam by declaring in an eledtion rallh that all of Assam should be called Bodoland... such was the negativity associated with their irresponsible statement, that the All Assam Gorkha Students Union has told BGP "intellectuals" not to come to Assam and open their "all knowing" mouths in the future.
In BGP meeting various central Ministers and dmeqnding OBC instead of ST status for the Gorkhas, they are watering down our stand even before the process has begun, and their releasing of the statement reeking of "intellectual superiority" - that only we k ow rest don't, is the reason why BGP needs to either be disbanded or they should apologize to the greater Gorkhali community for working against the interest of the community.
Moreover, these predominantly around 50 year old male don't represent the Gorkha reality, nor does it represent the Gorkha aspirations, so a request to BGP please do not claim yourselves to be representative of all the Gorkhas - which you guys are not... as your representing yourself as such can influence Govt policies negatively...
Ranjana Pradhan Rai - An Educationist writes back to Bharatiya Gorkha Parisangh Official in response to their clarification note regarding the meeting they had with DoNER minister Dr Jitendra Singh:
1. The domicile needs to be proven to claim the benefits of ST/ SC/ OBC status anyways whether at Centre/ State/ other levels.
2. Read between the lines: When you are an Indian Gorkha residing/ permanently settled in any of the States as per the Indian Constitution, All citizens have the Freedom to movement & Settlement within the Indian Jurisdiction. A citizen cannot claim benefits from multiple domicile status in a Social Strata.
3. The above point explains a Citizens Right to Claim benefits in multiple states compared to a Job Application in Union/ State government service where your ST/ SC/ OBC is claimed anyways as per domicile certificate. If any State government does mot recognize the Reservation Right, it can be rectified rather than leading to events impacting the Community at Large for personal interests. I myself have appeared for UPSE/ State Services Exams on General quota.
4. Will the ST/ SC status given to Indian Gorkhas be applicable to Gorkhas in other domicile states? Obviously, sort it out.
5. a. Is BGP a political party?
b. How is it Constituted as representative association?
c. Without our consent concerning Indian Gorkhas, how can BGP represent a political dialogue to fulfill it's ambition?
6. Indian Gorkha Citizens and Gorkha Associations are not living a Sissy Fantacy BGP. They are living in Blood & Slaughter!
7. Why BGP never published the points of Agenda for discussion and deliberation prior to their political dialogues with a Minister, that too concerning Indian Gorkhas of other States?
8. Forming mere associations does not lend you the right to claim decision making process for the Gorkhas.
9. If you were righteous, liaison with other Gorkha Association would have deliberation & strengthened a Collective Agenda including the point of domicile Rights on Reservation.
10. We don't know you as our leaders BGP. Even as Parisangh/ Council, you cannot work in isolation claiming leadership on our Community!
In high spirits I wrote these lines first time in Nepali,
Abo Chai Aayo Gorkhali!
(Pardon me for spelling mistakes please, those who can understand)
आबो चै आयो गोर्खाली।
याद गरौं आज द्वितीय विश्वयुद्ध को प्रहर मा बोस ले कसरी भारत को स्वतंत्रता संग्राम उद्देश्य लिएर हिटलर अथवा मुस्सलिनी संग साठ-गाठ गरी जापानी मिलिट्री को मदद ले नार्थईस्ट बाट भारत माँ धावा बोलेको थियो।
सम्भालिने समय आबो आयो साथी-भाई दीदी-बहिनी हरु,
हाम्रो बिबस्ता लाई लाचारी को चोगा न बनाऊँ,
हाम्रो सरल-विनम्रता को आचरण ले उन्नति को डोको भरौं।
कसरी निद्रा पुरौने? यो बिचार धारा बगी रहेछ त्यो निद्रा को सिरानो मा,
उच्चकोटि को व्यक्तित्व को खोज मा चली रहे छ यो यात्रा असफल,
आई दिनोस सबै जनसमृद्ध एक स्वर सादि दिउँ यो मधुर रचना को पहल मा,
यो हाथ बटाउँ नाता पनी थियो भनेर।
आखिर यो माटो नै त हो हामी?
आकृति कसको लिने भने त्यों रचना खोझुं-बोझों।
म् त कस्तूरी को खोज समझी रहे थे आज सम्म,
यो चमेली को गंध ले सन्तोष न पाउने छन्।
- रंजन प्रधान राई।
Prem Chhetri, Advocate in Supreme Court writes back to Bharatiya Gorkha Parisangh Official in response to their clarification note regarding the meeting they had with DoNER minister Dr Jitendra Singh:-
Hon'ble President BGP,
The reply show itself that you are trying to explain Gorkhas that BGP is only representative of Gorkhas and only BGP know about Law and other Gorkhas are ignorant...
Let's talk point to point
1. If List of ST is State/UT specific them why your body meet with Central Minister and not with State Chief Minister for such demand.
2. UT is governed by President with consultation of UNION hence don't say this is State/UT specific.
3. Whether BGP know that President may with respect to any State or UT by public notification specify the Tribes and tribal community. And Parliament by law include and exclude from list of ST specified in notification issued any tribe or tribal community as part of group.
4. BGP should know that it is Union Cabinet chaired by PM gives approval for introduction of Bill in order to modify list of ST in respect to state or UT so don't give wrong interpretation that ST is State/UT specific.
5. Recently Union cabinet introduced Bill to amend Constitution (SC ) Order 1950 and passed by Both house RS on 24.02.2016 to introduce certain community in list.
6. It is correct that one declared ST in state need not to be in another State/UT because of their inhabitance however that list of State/UT is prepare by Union under Article 342 of Constitution of India. Moreover List of ST passed by Union get benefits in all Centre Govt. Job, Schemes, Appointment, post etc.
7. Article 335 talks about reservation in matter of appointment post with affairs of Union which includes UPSC, EC, CAG, ETC.
8. Under article 338 President of India appoint special officer for welfare of SC and ST
9. Under Article 338A, National Commission for SC and ST established to look welfare of SC and ST in entire Nation.
10. Under Article 350A, President may issue such directions to any state for securing facility to ST.
11. BGP must know that Central Govt. drafted National Policy in 1999 regarding issue and welfare of ST in entire Nation and thereafter Union Gov't. established Ministry of Tribal Affairs for development of ST.
13. It is Union Gov't. who has power to include and exclude certain community in ST list hence don't fool us by saying it is State/UT specific. State/UT has no independent power to include and exclude list of ST.
14. BGP ingnores constitutional provisions and don't say others ignores it.
15. Take classic examples....Mina community belongs to Rajasthan is declared ST by Union Gov't. and thereafter they are getting all privileges in all Union Gov't. Job, appointment. Even Delhi Police gives reservations in ST. Even there is reservations in DDA scheme.
So don't fool us that demand is for only State and does not give privileges to others.
16. SC/ ST is always SC/ST whether HE is residing in One state or other. Have you ever heard that particular SC/ST has been denied privileges because he belongs to other state.
17. BGP should introspect and come out will clear vision. And act for the community at ground level.
18. Under article 342 it is Parliament passed Bill for inclusion or exclusion of ST in list hence State has no role to play. State can best recommend their list. That's why PM Modi declare to grant ST status to Gorkha and he already initiated for it. So whether State want or not, it is Parliament who has right to include Gorkha in ST list.
19. Those who are demanding OBC status are blackship to Gorkha Community. They deserves to social boycott. They are not our Representative.
20. BGP must know that status of OBC is different from place to place as per their status in said society/State hence it is foolish to compare status of OBC with ST.
21. BGP betrayed us demanding OBC status to Gorkhas with Hon'ble Minister Jitender Singh while Union Govt considering to give ST status to all Gorkhas.
22. Who is Parishang to demand different status to Gorkha residing in different status. By doing this, BGP is dividing all Gorkha into different groups which is clearly demonstrated in their clarification no. 4.
23. Is this hidden agenda of GBP to divide all Gorkha into different Groups.
24. Is this hidden agenda of BGP divide our voices in different groups.
25. Does not this divide policy will hamper demand of Gorkhaland.