18-year-old Meriya Subba was crowned by Sunsilk Mega Miss North East 2015 Jessica Marbaniang in front of a packed audience. She is the second young woman from Sikkim to take home the Sunsilk Mega Miss North East crown. Meriya, whose parents are school teachers, said that she must thank the people of Northeast for the support and specially her family members who supported her throughout her life. "I owe my success to my parents and mentors. Special thanks to the panel of judges and Mega Entertainment, and especially Abhijit Singha, for crowning me Sunsilk Mega Miss North East 2016. I am overwhelmed and can't express my happiness... this is a dream coming true for me," said Meriya after winning the title.
|Meriya Subba was crowned by Sunsilk Mega Miss North East 2015 Jessica Marbaniang|
14th Sunsilk Mega Miss North East was organized by Mega Entertainment, a fashion and pageant event organizer in the North East. Sunsilk Mega Miss North East is inspired by Designer/ Fashion Choreographer the powerhouse of fashion & pageant industry Abhijit Singha who is the founder proprietor of Mega Entertainment.
|Gorkhas daughter Meriya Subba from Sikkim wins the 14th Edition of Sunsilk |
Mega Miss Northeast 2016 powered by Mega Entertainment.
- An opportunity to get featured in print & outdoor advertisement campaign of Sunsilk
- To walk the Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai for Reliance Trends
- Shows with ICSI in South East Asian Countries
- A Portfolio with leading fashion photographer Rahul Biswas
- Public Relation & Reputation Consultancy for a year by Life’s Purple
- Professional representation & travel opportunity for a year by Mega Entertainment
- Cash prize Rs50,000/- will be given / claim the winning prize only after successfully completion of the reigning period as the Sunsilk Mega Miss North East 2016 on the fulfillment of all the terms and conditions set by Mega Entertainment and till the time she crowns her successor at the conclusion of the pageant next year.
Abhijit Singha, Founder of Mega Entertainment and Managing Director of Sunsilk Mega Miss North East, spoke during the crowning ceremony, "Through Sunsilk Mega Miss North East we look for a young and aspiring talent that is fit, intelligent and driven to be a role model - using her attributes to make a difference in the society. The pageant will not culminate with mere crowning of the winners. We also make it a mission to give them an international platform from where their dreams can take flight. Today's winner Meriya will walk for Reliance Trends at the Lakmé Fashion Week, which in itself is a dream-come-true for various well established models too. She will also get an opportunity to travel in the eight south Asian countries with ICSI and be a part of international shows."
The judges who sealed the fate of this year's winner included: Runner Up-Mega Mister North East 2009 and leading fashion designer from Shillong Arif Mukhim; Activation Manager for Hindustan Unilever brands Divya Ramakrishnan; Runner Up- Mega Miss North East 2013 and author of ‘Dear Bohemian Man' Subi Taba; marketing consultant and Brand Head at Kingfisher Naved Qureshi; and Entrepreneur and Hotelier Bobby Singh.